GPSMAP® 1222xsv Touch SideVü, ClearVü & Traditional CHIRP Sonar with Worldwide Basemap & Panoptix LiveScope™ System Bundle
12” Touchscreen Chartplotter/Sonar Combo Features:
- 1 kW single-channel CHIRP sonar provides crystal-clear images with remarkable target separation and definition
- ClearVü and SideVü scanning sonars deliver nearly photographic images of what is below, around and to the sides of your boat
- Fully network capable to build your marine system; network sharing allows you to share data among all compatible units connected to the network
- Compatible with optional BlueChart® g3 Vision® charts and LakeVü g3 Ultra maps
- Supports Panoptix™ all-seeing sonar
GPSMAP 1222xsv Touch is the ideal choice for the coastal fisherman who wants to step up to a big, bright 12” touchscreen combo. It includes built-in 1 kW single-channel CHIRP plus ClearVü and SideVü scanning sonars, and it’s compatible with Panoptix all-seeing sonar. It features full networking capabilities to build your marine system with radar, autopilots sonar modules and sensors. It also supports FLIR cameras, GRID™ keypad, GXM™ 53 marine weather receiver, FUSION-Link™ audio system, VIRB® camera streaming and more. Network sharing allows you to share data among all compatible units connected to the network. Plus, it has built-in Wi-Fi® to support the ActiveCaptain™ app. The touchscreen combo comes preloaded with worldwide basemap.
Built-in Sonar Capabilities
Access some amazing sonar capabilities — all you add are transducers. GPSMAP 1222xsv Touch comes with built-in Garmin 1 kW CHIRP sonar and CHIRP ClearVü and SideVü scanning sonars. It even supports Panoptix all-seeing sonar, premium Garmin sonar modules and a wide range of transducers (sold separately).
Build Your Marine System
The touchscreen combo is fully networked using Garmin Marine Network, NMEA 2000®/NMEA 0183, J1939 and built in ANT® connectivity, so you can build your marine system with radar, autopilot, sonar modules, instruments, sensors, FLIR cameras, FUSION-Link, VIRB camera streaming and more. Network sharing allows you to share data among all compatible units connected to the network.
Upgrade to the Best Maps on the Water
Upgrade to optional premium BlueChart g3 Vision charts and LakeVü g3 Ultra maps. These add features such as high-resolution relief shading of bottom structure — which provides more 3-D relief than contours alone — satellite imagery and more.
Built-in Quickdraw Contours to Create Your Own HD Maps
Instantly create personalized HD fishing maps onscreen with 1’ contours. Tailor them to fit your needs. These are your maps — you own them. Keep the data to yourself, or share it with the Quickdraw Community.
The Ultimate Connected Boating App
Built in Wi-Fi gives you access to the free all-in-one ActiveCaptain app, so you can manage your marine experience from nearly anywhere. It creates a simple yet powerful connection between your compatible mobile device and your Garmin chartplotter, charts, maps and the boating community. Wherever you are, you’ll have unlimited access to your cartography, the ability to purchase new maps and charts and access to the Garmin Quickdraw™ Contours Community. Stay connected with smart notifications on your chartplotter screen. You can also plan a trip or prefish a lake, and ActiveCaptain will automatically sync with your chartplotter. Even get notifications for software updates, and decide when to download them on your device.
Built-in SailAssist Features
To help you gain a wind-maximizing competitive edge, your chartplotter features a prerace guidance page. It shows your virtual starting line along with data fields showing laylines, time to burn before the start and a race timer that can be synchronized across all your networked Garmin GPS products. In addition, other supported sailing features include an enhanced wind rose, heading and course-over-ground lines, set and drift, true and apparent wind data and more.
Heading and Position Refreshed 10 Times Per Second
The fast, responsive 10 Hz GPS and GLONASS receiver refreshes your position and heading 10 times each second to make your movement on the screen more fluid. Now, it’s quick and easy to drop up to 5,000 accurate waypoints and find your way back to them.
In The Box:
- GPSMAP 1242xsv Touch chartplotter
- Power/data cable
- NMEA 2000® T-connector
- NMEA 2000 drop cable (2 meters)
- Bail mount kit with knobs
- Flush mount kit with gasket
- 8-pin transducer to 12-pin sounder adapter cable
- Protective cover
- Trim piece snap covers
- Garmin Marine Network™ Ports: 2
- Transducer Ports: 1 (12 Pin)
- NMEA 2000® Port: 1
- NMEA 0183 Input Ports: 1
- NMEA 0183 Output Ports: 1
- Video Input Ports: 1 BNC
- Video Output Ports: 1 HDMI
- Wireless Connectivity: Yes
¹Auto Guidance is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations
Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
Panoptix LiveScope™ System
We Took Scanning Sonar and Made It Panoptix™
- See highly detailed, easy-to-interpret live scanning sonar images of structure, bait and fish swimming below and around your boat in real time, even when your boat is stationary
- Easily adjust the transducer to fit your fishing techniques; point forward to see around your boat, or point down to see directly below your boat
- See incredibly sharp real-time scanning sonar images up to 200’ down and away
- Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS) stabilizes sonar view on chartplotter screen, even in rough conditions
- Simple plug-and-play Garmin Marine Network connector makes it easy to install and seamlessly integrate with your compatible Garmin chartplotter
Clearly, this is the most amazing sonar technology ever. You have never fished like this before. Panoptix LiveScope is live, real-time scanning sonar. You can actually see easy-to-interpret live scanning sonar images of fish swimming near clearly defined structure. You can even see your lure as you retrieve it. And your boat doesn’t need to be moving. These images are so clear and precise that with a little practice, you might be able to distinguish between species of fish!
Two Modes in One Transducer
You get both LiveScope™ Down and LiveScope™ Forward modes in one transducer. It’s easy to adjust the transducer mode to fit your fishing techniques; use LiveScope Forward to see remarkably clear images of structure and swimming fish around your boat, and use LiveScope Down to see directly below your boat. The view automatically updates on your compatible Garmin chartplotter. AHRS stabilization keeps your sonar view steady, even in rough conditions.
Panoptix LiveScope Down
LiveScope Down mode allows you to see live, easy-to-interpret scanning sonar images of structure and swimming fish in incredible detail below your boat —up to 200’ — even while your boat is stationary.
Panoptix LiveScope Forward
LiveScope Forward mode is an excellent tool for scouting and fishing out ahead of your cast. You’re looking at live, highly detailed and easy-to-interpret scanning sonar images of structure and fish swimming all around your boat — up to 200’ — even while your boat is stationary.
The Panoptix LiveScope scanning sonar system includes a compact GLS 10 sonar black box with LVS32 transducer and simple plug-and-play Garmin Marine Network connector, making it easy to install and seamlessly integrate with your compatible Garmin chartplotter. Use the transducer as a supplemental traditional and ClearVü sonar source to see a historical representation of structure and fish below your boat.
- Physical dimensions:
- GLS 10 sonar black box: 9.6” x 5.9” x 2.6” (24.5 x 14.9 x 6.5 cm);
- LVS32 transducer: 5.4” x 3.8” x 1.8” (13.7 x 9.7 x 4.6 cm)
- GLS 10 sonar black box: 4.3 lbs (2.0 kg);
- LVS32 trasnducer: 1.9 lbs (0.9 kg)
- Water rating: IPX7
- Garmin Marine Network™ ports: 1 (small connector)
- Temperature range: Operating: -15 C to 70 C; Non-operating: -40 C to 85 C
Sonar Features & Specifications
- Frequencies supported: 530 – 1,100 kHz
- Transmit power: 500W
- Maximum depth: Down and Forward: 200’ (61.0M)
- Power input: 10-32 V
- Power usage: 21 W typical, 58 W max
- Fuse: 7.5 A
Whats’ In The Box?
- LiveScope GLS 10 sonar black box
- Panoptix LVS32 transducer
- Trolling motor barrel mount
- Trolling motor shaft mount
- Transom mount
- Power cable
- 2 meter Garmin marine network cable, small connector
- Network adapter cable
- Mounting hardware